Q: I’m having Pure Maintenance of St. Louis service my home, what should I do to prepare?
A: The home will need to be vacant during the dry fog process, so plan a place for you and your pets to be during the services. You will receive a message a few days prior to your service that will confirm your appointment and give basic instructions on how to prepare your home. They are simple things like open all closets, close all windows, etc.
Q: Do I need to take paintings and wall art down before the treatment?
A: Because the of the dryness of the fog, Pure Maintenance of St. Louis has never had an issue with wall art or paintings, but many people feel more comfortable taking expensive paintings down or covering them with a blanket.
Q: What about fruit or other foods left out in the kitchen?
A: The EverPURE chemical used by Pure Maintenance of St. Louis has been FDA approved for food contact, but to retain the fresh taste of your produce you may want to place it in a zip lock bag or refrigerator.
Q: How long before I can re-enter my home?
A: Each job is different depending on the size of the home, but a Pure Maintenance of St. Louis employee will let you know how long the process will take when the bid is submitted. You may notice a different smell when you return but that will dissipate quickly.
Q: Is it safe?
A: Absolutely. The products are “green” and have been approved by the EPA.
Q: Do I need to get everything out of the house?
A: No, in fact, you want to keep as many of your belongings inside the home as possible. Mold spores get trapped inside fabrics, furniture, clothing, mattresses, etc. and all of those things should be treated as well.
Q: Will it get behind my walls?
A: Our patented technology creates a 7.5 micron sized particle. A mold spore is between 12 and 30 microns. Thus, any place where a mold spore can get in or out of, the fog will penetrate those areas. In special situations where there is a known issue behind a wall, we can poke a few 1/8 inch holes between the studs and treat the back of the wall directly.
Q: Will I need to clean everything after the treatment?
A: Not at all. It leaves no residue so your home and all items in it will be clean.
Q: Does it kill bugs?
A: They certainly do not like it and many customers report that it has, but the EPA has not approved it as a pesticide so we avoid making any claims about bugs.
Q: What will the mold look like after the treatment?
A: The stains that the mold has created will not go away but we can clean them for you at a small additional cost. If you want, you can do that yourself after the treatment and everything will be perfectly safe to handle at that point.
Q: How long does it last?
A: If all moisture and water issues are resolved, this is a very permanent solution. With minor water issues like humidity or condensation on windows, we have tested it out about 6 years and have not been able to get mold growth because of the EverPURE antimicrobial protectant. With major water issues you will only get about 90 days of protection.
Q: How will I know if it worked?
A: Your technician will take an air sample upon completing the treatment and send it to an independent third party lab. We use an accredited mold lab that has no affiliation with any mold testing or mold remediation companies. About 4-5 days after the treatment, you will get the results via email.
Give us a call to make an appointment for an estimate today!